Tuesday, July 28, 2009

No News is Good News.

So I was pretty lazy today and didn't do much but sleep and go on the Internet. It's raining super hard here, so I didn't get to go hiking or anything fun.

I did learn two things that really made me happy, though.

1. An editor from Matador Abroad, an online travel magazine with really great articles, contacted me to let me know that she wants to publish the article I wrote. I'm officially a paid travel writer, guys! It's a small start, but a good one, and I'm ecstatic. Of course, when it's finished, I'll be sure to link it here.

2. I've lost ten pounds since I've come to Korea about a week ago. I was really surprised, but I guess I shouldn't be. I lost 15 pounds in Japan (most within the first month), and gained about 25 on my return because I didn't really take care of my body. This time, I'm really going to work hard to maintain a healthy weight that I'm comfortable with.

On the downside, something is wrong with my camera. Everything looks fine, but when it takes pictures everything is all white. I'm really worried I'll have to buy another camera (probably a less expensive one that isn't as nice). Ugh. I have horrible luck with technology.

1 comment:

  1. Sucks about your camera. D:
    BTW--how are the mosquitoes over there? You mentioned it rained...did that make more mosquitoes come out of the woodwork? For some reason, that'd be what I am most paranoid about.... mosquitoes....I used to go out to the hot tub at night down here in Florida and since then I got over 25 bites on my whole body. :'(

    ReplyDelete