Sunday, July 26, 2009

I Was Cured, All Right

Right now I feel like a mixture of this:



And this:



I feel absolutely great today. Of course, I got tested for swine flu (will know the results tomorrow), and then the news comes out that the first camp is definitely cancelled, quarantine will be extended to a period anywhere from five to seven days (that's if there are no more swine flu cases that appear during this quarantine). Depending on the Korean media, the next camp could be cancelled for some stupid, overblown reason as well. If that happens, I heard they may take us on a tour of Korea instead (presuming we are well). Hopefully, if something like this happens, I will be able to change my flight and still make it to Japan. I'm really worried about everything now, but I'm just trying to stay positive and keep healthy. There's nothing I can do to change anything except to help out and stay safe.

We're still getting the $250 stipend for the first camp, and our rooms are going to be outfitted with wifi. Yay!

A friend and I took a hike through the forest today, and we decided to walk down the creek, which was beautiful and cool. Yes, Mom and Dad, I walked down a creek in water that was sometimes up to my knees, as unlikely as that seems for my personality. The water was so refreshing and the force of the water made it a little challenging to navigate down the little waterfalls and stepping stones. However, it was much more relaxing for me than climbing up a mountain. Definitely the best part of Korea so far, but then again I prefer quiet excursions with good company than the big group hikes so many others like to take.








Update, 10:33 p.m.: I just got my test results back. No swine flu! The sad thing is, I'm the only negative test out of the three that were done today.

1 comment:

  1. Nature walks are always fun! At least you're getting around outdoors and not cooped up inside all day. That would suck. D:
    And meh, the flu. I hope you don't miss too much of the camps over it. D:

    ReplyDelete